At one point in time I tried using the Dresshop pattern software. I didn’t get very far. I made something like 6 mockups trying to get the basic slopers right and finally gave up. I just couldn’t get the shoulders right on the tops and never got the pants right either. I think that if I had known more about pattern drafting I might have gotten more out of it. Eventually, my computer operating system was upgraded and the pattern drafting software no longer worked.
Along the way, I made this simple sheath dress that is still in steady rotation in my summer wardrobe. It’s made of Belgian cotton that I got at the Expo one year. The print is periwinkle, yellow, grey and white. It has only two pattern pieces and was quite simple to make with a few darts, a lining and an invisible zipper, my first I think.
This would be quite boring in a solid fabric but I think the simple design highlights the beautiful print.
Lessons learned: Don’t use cheap polyester lining in summer garments because it gets hot. Rayon would have been better.